Car Cleaning Hacks
Cleaning your car is a task many people do not want to do. It can be very time consuming if you never do it like some of us. Many people pay other people to do the dirty work for them, but this can become very costly.
Many of us do not have the time do extensive cleaning, but there are a few car cleaning hacks that you can take advantage of to help get rid of crumbs and dust.
- To clean your wheels, make a paste using water and baking soda. Use a brush to apply the paste to your wheels. Scrub and rinse clean.
- A spray bottle and squeegee can be used to remove pet hair. First wet seats and then use the squeegee to remove the hair instantly.
Homemade air freshener
- Making your own air freshener is not just easy, but also cost effective. First choose a container with a lid that you can easily make holes in. Then add baking soda and the essential oil of your choice!
- To help prevent smearing and smudging on your windshield, use a warm soapy water on a rag. Wipe the blades. Lastly, use rubbing alcohol on the edges.
- Mud on your mats is no problem. Using a toothbrush, use a mix of baking soda and white vinegar to scrub your mats. Once they are dry, use a vacuum to finish.
- Dust can be so hard to get out of a car in those small unreachable areas. A small paint brush can be very useful to reach those areas. Then you can use a vacuum to finish.
- Polish your leather as good as new using a cloth with olive oil on it!
- Vinegar is very useful to clean your windshield. Spray it on, leave it for a few minutes, and wipe it off using a newspaper.
- Water and vinegar help to keep chrome wheels nice and shiny. Mix it in a spray bottle, spray it on, and wipe clean.
- Nobody likes a stinky car! Clean your upholstery with baking soda. Sprinkle it all over the seats and let it sit for a few hours. Vacuum it up!
- Toothpaste and a sponge can be used to clean headlights. Finish by wiping them clean with a cloth.
- A small amount of detergent and how water in a spray bottle can be applied to seats to remove stubborn stains.
Stubborn cup holders
- Cupholders can be the most difficult thing to clean and this hack is probably one most people have never thought of and it’s so simple. Put an old sock over the bottom of a cup, spray with cleaner, put the cup in the holder and twist!
These cleaning hacks are so easy and cost effective. They also don’t take hours! Next time you go to clean your car remember this list!